16 August 2006

R & R and a redesign

Mr. Coffee and I had a fabulous time at the Pacific Coast. Thanks to the new boss giving hubby an extra day, Mr. Coffee and I had 2½ days to get some R & R sans kids. It's been 10 years since we had just 'us' time together. We have survived on bi-monthly date nights and making out in the van at our favorite lookout spot over the city. As parents, time with Mr. Coffee isn't what it used to be. For that matter, neither are tickets for indecent exposure.


Not that I would know.

If you ever decide to get away to the WA coast, I can recommend the Enchanted Cottages just outside of Long Beach, WA. Wonderful hospitality, comfy beds, clean rooms & cute little kitchenettes to save some dough. Eating out frequently can have horrible side effects so we opted for cooking in. We stayed in the Hummingbird Cottage (more pics on the website).






We also went through the town of Astoria, OR. I hadn't been there since I was a teenager and forgot how long that bridge was. Mind you it's where the Columbia River meets the Pacific so no wonder Lewis and Clark set up house in Astoria. Paddling across that expanse would require sweat and muscles. I don't recall pictures of Lewis or Clark being exceptionally muscular or brawny, so it would make perfect sense for them to quit while they were on dry land.

You can click on any of the pictures to enlarge them to retina-scaring, computer-crashing size.

See? I told you it was a long bridge.

Astoria is an eclectic mix of old and new, boasting of the historical must-see sites next to the Pig N Pancake and the brand new Starbucks/Safeway. We also heard about all the movies that were filmed there like Kindgergarten Cop, Goonies and Short Circuit. The boats also caught my eye and I wanted to stow away for a cheap cruise but Mr. Coffee said no. Party Pooper.



We had a wonderful time. I hope we can do this again next year.

I have been told my posts have been resembling a large print volume of War & Peace. Well, this one isn't an improvement but I shall do better.

~Bee still has sand in her shorts

No comments:

Post a Comment

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words."

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe