11 September 2006

Moms Want Dads To Know

I was over at a blog that wanted my opinion as a Mom and my comment was looking like a post.

MOMS!!
Make your way over to What Moms Want Dads to Know About Them and make a comment.

and for DADS!! Men Behaving Dadly. You can comment on what you wish Moms knew about Dads over there.

As a mother of a 9, 7, 6, and 3 year old and a wife of 13 years, here is my contribution to the things I wish Dads knew about Moms:


1) Please don't call me Mommy unless you are talking to the kids about me. There is nothing in calling me Mommy or Mom that hollers out, "You are the sexy, attractive, friend & love of my life." Call me crazy, but the idea of you calling me the same name as my mother-in-law does nothing for the libido.

2) Since I do not thank you for going to work everyday, I do not expect thank you's for watching the kids, scrubbing toilets and doing errands. Regardless, everyone wants to feel appreciated. The appreciation you show toward me does pay forward and usually unconsciously on my part; a cleaner house, a more cheerful hello coming home, more favorites for dinner.....and sometimes in the most delightful ways. ~wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more~

3) Asking me 'what did you do all day' before you find out what kind of day I had can be detrimental to your health. Please find out why I had a non-productive day before the Spanish Inquisition. I won't (and shouldn't) dump on you the minute you walk in the doorway.

4) My work does not end when you walk in the door. Yours doesn't either. I feel when you come home, I have reinforcements! We both chose this life with children, we should participate in the good and the difficult parts. This means teamwork which brings me to #5.

5) Help us stay unified when it comes to discipline. This way, our children won't think that one of us is a pushover and the other is the bad guy.

6) When I am sick, I cannot always do my regular mom duties. I wish I could call in sick from my Mom job but I cannot. Just because I am not in my bed doesn't take away my 101 degree fever and keep me from throwing up.

7) Every Mom needs some time to herself. I am no exception and am much more understanding when you want to the bookstore or go out with the guys.

****

Much to his credit, Mr. Coffee knows these things well. I am very thankful we are able to communicate these bits of wisdom. Possibly, I will get him to write some down from Dad's point of view and I will post them. He probably won't have as many Monty Python references, but insightful nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words."

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe