04 November 2004

UHaul Tales

23 Apr 2002

Our move is nearly accomplished. We are now Washingtonians. I should be more excited but yeah, I'm excited. My excitement is shadowed by pressing issues like my dining room. Carpeted dining room. That and where's the tp?

The computer is already hooked up. Notice that was before I found TP.

Heh. Important stuff first.

The apartment is lovely. However...the dining room carpet is a complete mystery to me. Who in their right mind carpets a dining room? I am under the impression the management have plotted against the occupants to make sure renters never get their deposit back.

Adults have accidents and not to mention kids get only half of what is set before them. The floor receiving the rest. So what am I to do with beige carpet? We have to eat.

It makes one wonder. Is it a deliberate attempt to take advantage of the tenants and make some cold, hard cash? Possibly the owners have shares in Resolve carpet cleaner. Written a NY Times Bestseller, 'Cleaning Your Beige Dining Room Carpet'. Are just plain idiots?

Whatever the reason, I have almost settled on buying a finished remnant. I'll thumb my nose in their direction and rest at ease when my 1 yr. old, sporting a maniacal grin, will undoubtedly be eyeing my carpet with poised bowl in hand. Spaghetti, of course.

I am about finished with my unpacking. Containing household goods in a tiny apartment after residing in a home half-again larger...well, the outcome is completely undesirable. Read: it blows. Now we need a storage unit.

But first I have to find the toilet paper.

~Bee is doing a happy dance (or a pee pee dance, they look the same)

No comments:

Post a Comment

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words."

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe