01 October 2006

secret art


I take my children to school every morning and drive by 'the blue house'. I believe the bush is a lilac crapemyrtle (thank you Harmonica Man), with pinkish purple flowers that bloom every fall. The green and brownish foliage set off the floral display with a robin's egg blue house as it's canvas. Isn't this pretty?

It's an amazing piece of art that seems wholly ignored, as if it's my little secret, unknown to passers by. I've wanted to capture my little 'secret' for the last four years and now, unencumbered by rain, it's forever immortalized in picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words."

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe