08 March 2007

It's a Sickness Really

Despite public opinion, I do wash my hands.

I don't lick the floor at Walmart.

I've stopped chewing the strap on the transit train.

I've even quit hanging out at the TB clinic.

My friends can attest it's not my fault. They've heard me on the phone and my voice has gone from normal to froggy to a nice Lauren Bacall gravelly tone. After a bottle of scotch and four packs of ciggies a day.

In between my coughing spasms, I was watching the news today.  

Let's just say, I was struck by how much Nancy Pelosi and Fire Marshall Bill look alike. (I know, I went there but I can blame this political humor on my drugged up state)



Let's just say, you're a Democratic Congress in a Republican-President World. You wanna get those troops home so, whaddaya do? You waste time and precious energy to pass a bill that the President's gonna veto faster than the government can say smoke detector.

Sometimes I wonder why I even vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words."

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe