19 April 2009

Aquaman and Underroos

For those of you who don't know me, I'm a Smallville fan.

It started with Dapoppins asking me why I didn't watch Smallville. She knew I loved Superman and a good story. I blame her.

Ever since I was a young girl I had this thing for the Justice League, especially Aquaman. At the tender age of 8, I realized that Aquaman was it for me with his dreamy, wavy, yellow hair and crystal blue eyes. Then he did me dirty. He went and got married to that...Mera tart.

I hate women named Mera Man. Or is that Mrs. Aqua? I don't know but I hate her.

All that was left was my 8yr old, soggy, unrequited love.

Then Christopher Reeve came on the scene in 1977. AquaMan who? Who could resist a guy that bench pressed helicopters and builds a house from a small stick made out of ice?

It wasn't until my pre-teen years that he suddenly had all these muscles and dimples. Where did those come from?! 

I know, I know, it's just comic books. People say that like, "Hey, its just random patterned baldness." No big deal. Get me to the geekery.

Geeking out in the modern day/age has many more benefits than before. The contemporary geek has more tools at their disposal. This is beyond the poster or the lunch pail. We have IMDB, online chatrooms, forums, conventions, wallpaper, yahoo groups, video games, clothing, screen names, tattoos, bumper stickers, facebook pages, twitter shipping, and a world of comics to fuel the modern enthusiast.

I can't wait for Superman underroos for adults. It's only a matter of time.


~Bee wants hers in 37T.

7 comments:

Lisa Wheeler Milton said...

I'm looking away. The geek in me is strong. I can't become addicted to another show...

:)

... Paige said...

I do not tweet
so I alas am not a twit
I don't need anything else sucking my time from me

But I'm glad you have your superman and are flying high with him

Jaina said...

That's fun! How exciting. I tweet, but not all the time. It hasn't sucked away my time...probably helps that I don't get updates sent to my phone. You'll have to keep us updated on your tweeting ;)

Whistle Britches said...

hi there!
twitterer!

The Superfluous Blogger said...

somehow, someway, i hate twitter now.

i think it had to do with ashton kutcher being declared the king of it. i kind of hate him. by kind of i mean really.

The Lazy Iguana said...

I always thought Aquaman was kind of....you know.....soggy in the loafers? Playing for the wrong team? Not into chicks?

But who knows.

All I know is that if I could pick a super power, talking to fish would not be it.

Blank said...

My first crush was Batman. I was three years old. I swear.

I'm back, Bee. Do you still love me?

Post a Comment

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words."

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe