14 December 2007

Crazy Eights

I hope you can forgive me for this.

Liberal linking will follow. I can't stop it. I'm attempting to break my linking record for a single post. Hold on tight, I'm also doing a meme and you know it must be good because I don't do memes. Well, not ALL memes, just some.

Thank you for thinking of me, Holly Dolly


8 things I want to do before I die:

1. Go to college and graduate with honors.
This may shock many long time readers because I only express this goal about once a week. College will encourage my brain sponging tendencies and I'll even attempt to outdo Mr. Coffee's Suma Cum Laude honor.

2. To have a best selling book so my children can get a good college education.

3. Travel Europe with Mr. Coffee who has yet to set a toe outside the states.

4. To play violin and well, at that.

5. Watch Baryshnikov dance, live.

6. Learn German

7. Be wealthy enough to fill my philanthropic passions to assist those in need

8. Celebrate my 90th birthday with my family around me.

Now if you aren't sleeping yet, here are another 8 things. Things I say often:

1. Driving: "You're all RETAAAAAAAAAARDED!"

2. "What does whining get you?"
To which the cantankerous child responds on cue, "Nothing."

3. "Is your homework done?"

4. "It's Business Time..."

5. "That's how I roll"

6. "Shuuuutuuuuuup"
in my best Napoleon Dynamite voice

7. "Where is your Happy Shiny People Voice?"

8. "Hello?"
My phone rings 2.6 million times in one hour.

That's probably more than you ever wanted to know about me but up next, the 8 books I have read recently:

1. Persuasion by Jane Austen
This is read at least two to three times a year. How I love Jane...

2. Emotional Intelligence by Daniel Goleman

3. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

4. The Bible
This publication single-handedly keeps me from being a world class jerk. Aside from common belief, I have never beaten anyone with my Bible.

5. Mommy Doesn't Know My Name along with many other children's publications.

6. Hunting Unicorns by Bella Pollen

7. One Pot Chocolate Desserts
I LOVE this publication.

8. History of Warren County, Iowa
Genealogy is SO fun.

Prop your eyelids because I have 8 more for music.
8 Favorite Albums/Songs :

1. La Champagne by Trentemoller
Happy electronica..great to do housework.

2. The Essential Duke Ellington
There is no other....

3. Bust A Move by Young MC and other 80s dance hits
Two words: Tread. Mill. Two more? I. Despisethatdumbthing.

4. Christmas Cocktails, Vol 2
Mele Kalikimaka anyone?

5. Drop Dead Legs by Van Halen
And you thought David Rose's The Stripper gets you in the mood?

6. Merry, Merry Happy by Kate Nash
Happy happy merry song.

7. Times They Are A Changin' by Bob Dylan
I heard this on a commercial and fell in love with it.

8. OOh, La La by Goldfrapp
Pick up the pace on the Devil's Contraption commonly referred to as the "treadmill"

WAKEY WAKEY, eggs and bakey!! I'm almost done.
Now for the eight things that attract me to my best friends:

1. Straight up honest and don't beat around the bush with passive aggressive foshiznit. Yes, passive aggressive is foshiznit.

2. Emotionally intelligent. Always the sage....

3. We laugh together so much that we wear our pee pants together. Since most of my friends have seen The Ballad of Ricky Bobby at least once, they also know the significance of how incredibly funny pee pants can be.

4. They never attempt to "out do or Penelope" me because friends are not competition, they are companions. I just made that up.

5. They do not care if my house is a wreck or Spotless Like The Flylady Clean.

6. They love me even with my insecurities, my strengths, and even if I have toothpick legs or junk in the trunk..and not to forget the freak of nature hair.

7. Strong women who are not complacent in life to settle in mediocrity.

8. I do not have close male friends because I take Harry's side in when Harry Met Sally. The guy inadvertently ends up hitting on me and Mr. Coffee gets tired of burying bodies out in the wilderness. I can't tell you how many shovels we have lost.