06 November 2006

College Bound

Max, who is now 7½ years of age, asked me yesterday about the AC sign on the dashboard of the van.

"Does AC mean 'accelerated cooling'?" he asked.

"Wow! You are amazing," I gushed. "That was a terrific guess! It actually means Air Conditioning."

I could see him blush in the rear-view mirror over my motherly accolades.

I quickly added in my sarcastic manner, a manner in which my children have grown quite accustom and no doubt will afford them plenty of embarrassment in their teen years, "I'm glad I'm saving for your college," I chided him with a sing-song voice, "those quantum mechanics classes are going to be a lot of mo-ney!"

"I like science," he stated quite matter of fact.

Jeez, when I was in grade school I thought Quantum Mechanics was the four guys that worked on your car at the dealership. Now I know that college fund will pay off.



No comments:

Post a Comment

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words."

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe