02 November 2006

Observant


The good things comes from being observant. I think it was my bank experience but I would consider myself pretty observant.

First, there is Funny Observant. Two days ago, I was folding clothes while watching a soap on the TV. Soaps are funny, if I watch a show only once in a three month time period, I can still catch up on the latest nefarious deeds of the residents of Salem.

"Quick nurse, she's hyper-ventilating! Get the oxygen."

Hyperventilating..needing oxygen? Are you trying to polish her off?

Then there is Driving Observant, like noticing today with a stomp of my break, that a car was about to hit me because he got impatient and tried to pass in a school zone. In the bike lane. I live between two school zones, so I have too many close calls and idiot driver stories to share. What I wanted to do was activate the driver's dental insurance. (I love that movie line...). Impatient people in school zones make me nuts.

Last is, Oh My Gosh That Didn't Happen Observant. Like the time I foiled a bank robbery with a 4 week old strapped to me in a baby sling.

Oh, yeah. I'm a real undercover agent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words."

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe