13 April 2007

who's your foodie now?

I feel like typing my brains out this week. I'm inspired and I just keep typing, pounding my drafts like I'm a New York Times reporter two minutes to deadline. I wish I could write like this every time I sit down. Speaking of writing, Laurie Notaro's new book is coming out at the end of May. Her wit, humor and life experience is enough to keep me howling for weeks.

Mr. Coffee surprised me with a new vacuum yesterday, the former antiquated vacuum now gracing a landfill somewhere. The new machine is green, HEPA filtered, wide path, bagless...blah blah blah ~glaze over~ I vacuumed my whole place yesterday. This vacuum really sucks. They make these things so light now, my old vacuum felt like I was tugging around a small bus.

Yesterday, I stopped on the way home from dropping the kids at school and got my morning coffee inside that 'Star place' in Safeway. I grabbed some things for this week and noticed the meat department stickering their clearanced items. ($15 roast for $2.07) I was able to stuff my freezer with meat for the next three weeks for under $20. Since my two boys are now auditioning to be the up-and-coming Competitive Eating Champions, this was a great find. I'm off to Costco this afternoon for my barrel of steak sauce and 20 gallons of milk.

Make sure to check out the music video below. This artist is fabulous....

No comments:

Post a Comment

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words."

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe