04 November 2005

Going to the Hop-per-ra

If you are reading this and believe that Puccini is another kind of noodle shape and Alto is a kind of dog food, well, I would say this posts is not for you.

I. Emma Sometimes Have Hop-per-raa Tickets. (insert best Chico Marx immitation here)

The opera is Tosca and as you can see, it is just like another episode of America's Top Model.

***With characters larger than life, Tosca seethes with passion and drama. Trapped between the evil Scarpia's desire to kill her lover and his fiendish lust for her, Tosca lashes out in the only way that she can. Frantically. With a knife. And with that blood-letting, the audience is driven relentlessly to one of opera's most stunning conclusions.***

It's like Days of Our Lives on stage. Hey, like, DUDE! I'm there! What kind of jeans should I wear and do they serve hotdogs with 'kraut?

No really. I cannot wait.

Hubby and I don't get out much with four kids, but when we do, we go for the gusto. Giacomo Puccini = gusto. He wrote some of the most beautiful, captivating, pieces of music. I really like this guy. He wrote some quite famous operas or more commonly known at my house, Hop-per-ras! People, these are incredible to hear. Who likes operas anymore? I'll tell you. ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!

You listen toLuciano Pavarotti sing: Nessun Dorma..just really listen.

Or hear soprano Renata Tebaldi sing: O Mio Babbino Caro...fabulously, incredibly breathtaking. I think I cry every time I hear that. Hey, I'm a girl. I can do that.

You can hear snippets of both on the #1 Opera Album. I think when you listen to it, even your IQ goes up 10 points.

So, hubby and I are opera-ing next weekend and are you ready for this one...he can't wait. He was even happy about me buying tickets. Hubby loves classical which is stereotypically comical especially when he pulls up on a construction site and he pulls his solid frame out of his pickup truck. That's the truck with a big rack and box full of manly tools. He pulls out a lid for his shaved head. It's a camoflague cover (military style hat), of course, to match his trousers. He yanks the wheelbarrow out of the pickup bed like its a sack of feathers, grabs concrete stamps, finishing tools, etc., grabs his radio and turns on ........89.9 All Classical.org.

So to the Hop-per-ra we go. Will write more on this later....

No comments:

Post a Comment

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words."

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe