21 July 2006

melting at 104

First off, I want to give props to blogger James, who just had a birthday. (echos: Happy Birthday, James)

You have to check out his blog. He is a great writer, happily married, funny, insightful and works in the IT field..or something equally technically smart. What more would a reader want?


Just Some English Guy



PS. Now if Now when you are reading his blog, please take important note the man has an English accent, not an Aussie accent. Just in case you would mistakenly confuse the two accents that coincidentally, are equally pleasing to the ear albeit, the difference in orgins involve an enormous amount of paddling in the open sea.


Moving on.



Forecast this morning said 104 today. I am melting but Mr Coffee is working in this heat. I don't know how he does it. He used to tell me of when he lived in Phoenix and went to work at 2 am when it cooled to a bearable 85 degrees out. They would pour and finish concrete all night until 10 or 11 am when it started getting unbearable again. I've lived in the Pacific NW most my life so I've acclimated to the rain. It's easy to put on a sweater but you can only get so naked without scarring your children for life or having your neighbors complain.


Again, moving on.



I found a t-shirt place online that made me laugh and laugh.

ThinkGeek

You can get some hilarious shirts like this:


and this one explaining the answer to life, the universe and everything. If I have to explain them to you it won't be funny. You have to trust me on this.

**POST POSTING:
By popular demand:

127.0.0.1 is a standard IP addy for a network loopback connection. In english? It's the IP address to redirect to your network, aka, you or "Home"

second,

You must read Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. WAAAY better than the movie. This #42 is explained.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words."

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe