03 January 2007

2007 is already rockin

I've been a recluse this month, comparatively. But my back is feeling better. My washing machine is still in my front entry. Yeehaw.

In less dysphoric news, I've been playing with my new Genius Edition of Magnetic Poetry I got at Powells Books. It has great words like pedagogue, sedulous and fusillade. I like the challenge of a new word and just as Henry Higgins heralds the English language, "why, in America, they haven't spoken it for years!" I say, "YO, Fo' shizzle, my dizzle."


I managed to win a $100 wine gift basket from WineGlobe for another Kaboodle contest (remember the last contest I won?). If you don't know what Kaboodle is, think of it as social links/bookmarks meets internet shopping wishlists. Go see my pages, I guarantee you will be hooked.

In very important news, I contacted my school and the unaccredited course I am taking now is fully transferable, upon completion, toward an accredited degree. Meaning, you're reading a bone fide diploma bound student.

I'm looking for a part-time job, and think I have a shot with an official government position that has opened up. I know I can do the job, I just hope they know it. I won't say much more so I can backstab blog about my boss and fellow employees when I get the position. And no, it's not making government cheese.

I think some underground agency makes those gluey orange bricks in a hollowed-out underground bunker out in the Mojave desert. Besides, it's been known for years: Government cheese isn't really cheese. In one pound of Government Cheese you will find, three parts cheese byproduct of the manufacturing process of edible cheese with one part DHRT483 additive, 9 vitamins and minerals, one part of embalming fluid and a dash of soylent green for a shelf life into 2247. Many Bothans died to bring me that information.

I want to thank sweet Rach from Green Cathedral for cheering me up with some beautiful handmade cappuccino soap and sending along some kitchen soap too. There is something so wonderful about the weight, the feel and smell of well-made, hand made soap. I can't help but hold it. It smells so good, that I don't want to use it. But that defeats the purpose. What made Rach think I'd like coffee? Lucky guess, I'd say and I love it. (THANK YOU!!)

Lastly, I wanted to share with you a little something I captured on my cell while shopping on the eve of Christmas Eve and doctored up for your amusement. Enjoy~

No comments:

Post a Comment

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words."

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe