28 September 2007

Won't You Be My Neighbor?

I've noticed a subtle trend in blogging that I would like to address. Why do people post themed days of the week? It can be too restricting and yet it is becoming very prevalent. When I get a bug to write, I want a blank slate before me. I could shake things up a bit and do a Scissor-Kick Sunday, Thick Hair Thursday....or Mass Suicide Monday.

Don't you find it interesting that meme and hell both have four letters? Coincidence? I don't think so.

In other news, our family has been stricken with the stomach flu. I hate barf and I have to buy more toilet paper. That's all I'll say about that.

The Stomp Dance Troop that lives upstairs is moving soon. In light of that, they've decided rules no longer apply to them. Cranked music at all hours, laundry at 3am complete with sliding / slamming closet doors, and sweeping their dried cat poop and kitty liter onto my balcony.

I should also look past this summer's constant barrage of cigarette butts raining down on my flowers but I don't want hepatitis or toxomplasmosis so call me picky, picky, picky.....

You see, there is a reason I don't have pets. It's the cleaning, care, and responsibility. I already have 5 in the family to look after. I would not want more of that.

I'm happy the Cloggers are moving, catbox and all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the commentary on the Meme and Hell. Oh so true and please yes lets start scissor kick Sunday.

Anonymous said...

I lost count of how many times I laughed out loud reading this post. Thanks so much for a good read!

"Mass Suicide Monday." Priceless.

Bob
Every, Every Minute

Anonymous said...

for the love of everything holy, put down the pipe and post something new here!

Post a Comment

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words."

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe