11 February 2006

Saké to me


Whenever I walk past the Japanese rice wine at the grocery I always have a double glance, this time with my cell phone. Look at that! It looks like...hehehe.

Then I start smiling and giggling, reverting to that juvenile side of me that enjoys sprinting my kids down the isle in a grocery cart or that would love to sample the bulk candies. Definitely the same side that achieves the greatest satisfaction and desired degrees of gross-out by poking the eyeballs of the neatly packaged fish over in the seafood department. I'm a youngster at heart and you'll get a glimpse of it every now and then.

My daughter asks me what is so funny. I want to say,
Don't you see? HA! HA!


I guess you have to know my upbringing: Proper. Polite. Church going. Courteous. Ladylike. My mother taught us good manners so I never could swear nor did I want to. I would be reprimanded with an Irish Spring appetizer for saying "pissed" or "d@mn" or even saying the word "apple" while holding my tongue.

You can let go of your tongue now. It still sounds the same as when you heard it in First Grade. ".....ahhhhh-hole"


No one wants to hear a woman with a trucker's mouth. Right?

I happen to know a couple of truckers and neither of them swear. Maybe the saying means you shouldn't do a lip transplant from a trucker's face. Hmm, I wonder. Do trucker's have weird lips? I don't know. Maybe they teach you how to swear on the last day at Trucking School. Maybe they teach you about saké in trucking school. Maybe saké is the preferred beverage by truckers. It would appear that way, but I could be wrong.

Fact be known, I've heard my neighbor kids swear more that my trucker friends. A lot more. The saying should go, "No one wants to hear a woman with a mouth like a seven-year old neighbor boy."

or better yet,

"Don't go down the isle with the saké bottles. It'll make you want to blog about it because the label looks like a bad word and that'll make you laugh."

**Am I the only one that grew up in a rough elementary school??

No comments:

Post a Comment

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words."

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe